Digital x-rays are the modern method of taking x-rays. It is an advanced technology that speeds treatment and helps us make the most accurate and efficient diagnosis of your dental condition. Digital x-rays have many advantages over conventional x-rays:
- They are faster and more sensitive
- We can view coloured images instantly
- We can enhance images to improve the viewing
- We can store digital images on the computer for future use.
- They reduced radiation by as much as 90%
Digital X-rays are very comfortable. A small sensor device is placed in your mouth. The device is connected to a computer that instantly creates coloured x-ray images on a monitor. In seconds, you see the same clear colour X-ray that your dentist sees.